Searching for the Best French Press Coffee Maker – Useful Tips and Recommendations
When it comes to finding the best French press coffee maker, selecting the right product has more to do than just with the idea of getting something cheap that lasts long.
Drinking french press coffee from the perfect coffee press will allow you to feel like you’re actually enjoying the best coffee in the world in a rustic setting in Paris.
It offers enough ease to let you enjoy a far longer and better time of actually drinking your cup of java, instead of spending a lot of time and effort in preparing it.
Getting the job done when searching for the most reliable coffee maker, therefore, can be a task that requires careful consideration, and while you might already know all about using french press coffee makers you will still need to learn and research more about the actual appliances themselves before making a clear decision.
Understanding french Presses
Finding the best French press coffee maker out there has to first start with the process of understanding what these machines do.
Unlike regular coffee makers, a French press produces fresh, high quality coffee low in acid and able to maintain the essential lipids and nutrients that add both health and flavor to your coffee cup.
The french presses has been around since the early 1800s, and uses a plunger to squeeze the flavor out of the coffee and into the water it steeped in for just a few minutes, while a filter and screen have the role of separating the coffee grounds from the actual coffee, providing you with the quality, refined beverage that you are accustomed to.
How to Select High Quality Parts and Features
While looking for a good French press coffee maker, you will have to keep in mind a few important factors associated with determining the quality and versatility level of the product you want to buy.
Among them are the main components and features, such as the carafe, the filter or factors such as how easy to clean the device may be. You may also want to check out this article from wiki for more information of French Press.
Here are, however, the most significant aspects you should keep into consideration:
- The carafe is the part of the coffee press that actually holds the water/coffee. You’ll find the best rated coffee presses designs use stainless steel, glass or ceramic carafes, but plastic carafes can also be durable, while maintaining the traditional look of a glass recipient.
- The filter stays at the top of the carafe to catch fine particles and ensure that your coffee is refined and well-made. The best filters are made from cloth, paper or metal.
- The plunger needs to be tightly secured to the lid and made from metal or plastic for better durability.
- Quality materials promote durability, temperature-resistance and heat retention and keeping coffee hot longer. For a coffee maker, these are essential factors for quality and lower maintenance, and you will find that the use of metal and ceramic might be much more of a good idea than materials like plastic, paper or cloth (for the filter).
- Versatility is established by the number of functions the French press can handle. The best French press coffee maker not only able to brew french press coffee, but also tea with ease, while also providing a tight seal, a fine screen mesh, a portable, durable construction and parts that are easy to clean.
Aside from all this, as many French press review posts have showed, it’s very important to keep in mind that each coffee press is unique, and you really need to look for what the best French press coffee maker for you might be.
Keep in mind that cheap coffee makers aren’t always able to offer the best quality, or may be produced using low quality materials. So it may be extremely important to check up a few reviews and carefully read the description of the French press you want to buy, before making a move.
What is the best French press out there?
There are several factors to consider when looking for the right French Press machine.
There are plenty of different types with varying features so it’s a good idea to take your time considering before you make any kind of commitment.
One suggestion is to check out amazon best seller to see what people are actually buying.
We did our own research and have identified some of the most efficient, high quality best french presses you can get for your money.
BAYKA French Press Coffee Maker
- Brand: BAYKA
- Item model number: French Press 34OZ
- Capacity: 2.1 Pounds
- Produce Dimensions: 6.5″D x 5.67″W x 9.84″H
- Item Weight: 86.36 Grams
- Color: Copper
- Material: Stainless Steel, Glass
- Filter Type: Reusable
- Operation Mode: Manual
- Model Name: Large Classic Copper 304 Stainless Steel Coffee Press with 4 Filters
Bayka french press coffee maker is currently the best selling amongst all the french presses in amazon.
The sleek design and stylish look of this classic french press is so eye appealing that will blend well in any comer of your home.
Bayka carafe is made of high quality borosilicate glass, very durable and high resistant to heat, make it possible to retain the temperature of hot water while brewing, ensuring the taste and favor of your coffee grounds are well extracted.
The thickened carafe bottom also give this product the durability they need to last. The handle is fasten to stainless steel frame, keeping it safe from dropping. You can read on our full Bayka french press review here.
Secura French Press Coffee Maker
Made from 18/10 stainless steel, the Secura stainless steel french press is classy and will last you a long time. It is also one of the best portable french presses for camping trips.
Secura French Press Coffee Maker feature a double walled stainless steel construction which is more efficient in retaining heat. Compare to other single walled french presses, Secura french press let you enjoy more hot coffee.
Crafted with a three-layered stainless steel filter, filter off even the smallest coffee grinds to deliver a smooth and rich flavor french press coffee.
Disassembling the filter screen is easy and all parts are dishwasher friendly.
The SterlingPro French Coffee Press
SterlingPro is a well-known brand that has been established on the market for many years, and SterlingPro French Press is one of their best creations, considered by experts to be one of the top rated coffee makers.
Highly versatile, long lasting and easy to use, the SterlingPro French coffee press was designed to deliver the most delicious and refined coffee produced from ground coffee, and it is also the first French press ever to be designed using a double screen system.
Some important features that make this SterlingPro French press one of the best French press coffee maker:
- Being a stainless steel french press, it is very durable. Not worry about getting rusty as the interior and exterior are made of stainless steel.
- Dishwasher Safe.
- The double walled stainless steel design helps to keep your coffee hot inside the SterlingPro French press and you feel cool from the outside.
- Design of this Sterlingpro french press is so stylish that wherever you placed it, you will never feel out of place.
- Experiencing a much smoother and tastier coffee thanks to the unique double screen filter that is so good in removing all coffee ground from your coffee.
KONA French Press Coffee Tea & Espresso Maker
KONA is another brand you may have heard of, when you spend times researching for good french press coffee makers.
The extra thick borosilicate glass beaker french press is among the most popular coffee makers you will find, and it will provide you with some truly versatile functions, as well as the ability to brew anything from quality coffee to delicious tea.
Check out why Kona French Press has close to 13,000 positive customer reviews and what you must know before buying it.
Also an affordable and easy to use machine, the KONA French press coffee and tea maker is considered a practical choice for beginning users who are on a budget. Parts are dishwasher safe which make cleaning very easy.
Bodum Chambord 8 cup French Press Coffee Maker
Bodum products are known for their solid, dependable construction that is long lasting and rarely leads to the need for repairs or replacements, as well as for their attention to detail that has led to products such as the versatile, feature-rich Bodium Chamboard 8 cup French press coffee maker.
Aeropress coffee and espresso maker
AeroPress coffee and espresso maker wins many praises for making excellent coffee. You don’t need complicated steps or high tech equipment to produce the best coffee. AeroPress coffee and espresso maker comes with a coffee chamber, a plunger and a micro filter to do the job.
You simply place a micro filter at the bottom of coffee chamber, add your favourite ground coffee and hot water, follow by stirring and gentle press down the plunger to produce a gentle air pressure to brew up to 4 cup of favourable, rich and smooth coffee or espresso.
A durable carafe, stainless steel mesh filter and a refined, fine-tuned construction that allows you to extract the best flavor from your coffee are just some of the essential factors that make this a truly valuable product and one of the best French press coffee maker appliances you’ll find at the price.
Questions about french press coffee
What is the best grind size for a french press?
Coarsely ground coffee is most suitable for brewing french press. Too fine the grind size will result in 2 main problem:
- Clogged strainer, causing difficulty in the plunging process or
2. The coffee ground slipping through the filter, resulting in too much residue or sediment-laden coffee. That is not the tasty coffee we wanted.
What is the optimal water temperature for brewing french press coffee?
The optimal water temperature for brewing french press coffee is between 195 and 205 degrees Fahrenheit.
Bring your water to boiling point and let it cool for 30 to 60 seconds before pouring into the carafe.
This temperature range ensures that the coffee grounds dissolve quickly, without any risk of burning, and creates a full-bodied cup of coffee with a less bitter taste.
How long to steep coffee in french press?
The purpose of steeping coffee in french press is to fully extract the coffee grounds properties and favor to make a favorable coffee. Hot water is pour over the coffee grounds and left to sit for about 3-5 minutes. Most coffee enthusiasts recommend a 4 minute steep.
Using a coffee press can be an extremely satisfying experience, and you’ll only know just how amazing your coffee can get when you actually fine-tune the process and learn how to use your new coffee maker.
Getting the best French press coffee maker can be essential, therefore, both for beginners and seasoned users, and it will allow you to brew some of the most delicious coffee you’ve ever tasted.